everyday style / maxi obsessed

May 6, 2014

outfit23 outfit24 outfit25 outfit26
I am without a doubt, totally, completely, maxi obsessed! I think I've worn one almost every day this past week, and why not?! They're beyond comfy and so cute! I typically reserve them for warmer months, but I'd love to try my hand at styling a few this fall & winter. I'm envisioning boots + chunkier cardigans. However, I'd definitley opt for a slightly more tailored style. I'm also in the throes of working on The Beautiful Mess e-course "Blog Life" - I'm learning tons and feeling very inspired. Currently, I'm creating new features for the blog (so watch out for those) plus building new archive pages... hope to have those up later this week. It's been a lot of blog, blog lately. But when inspired, best to roll it with it. Ya know?! What's new with you?!! xo

shop the post:

Scarf: H&M (favourite scarf 1 & 2)
Cardigan: Old Navy
Maxi: Old Navy (similar)
Bag: c/o Fossil
Bracelet: Stella & Dot
Shoes: Zara (get em' here)

25 sweet notes:

  1. I was all set to wear a maxi skirt today (and pretty excited about it too) and then it snowed. Snow! I still sort of can't believe it.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty and girly outfit! You look beautiful :)

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a lovely, simple maxi! mm, comfort!
    ladies in navy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! the scarf and cardi give this look a great pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, the maxi dress - I'm such a klutz, every time I get a new one I trip over the hem, tear it and bye bye dress! C'est la vie, some styles are just not meant for everyone. And at least I can live vicariously through fabulous friends like you. This look is so perfect, V - comfortable and casual but still so put together. I jsut love those studded flats poking out from underneath! Cannot wait to see you (and what gorgeous outfit you'll put together) on Saturday!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love maxi dresses & skirts during the summer but I believe that they are also great during the colder winter months when styled season appropriately... I am going to check the e-course you mentioned above from A Beautiful Mess... It sounds interesting...

    Have a great day!!!

    xoxo Violeta, your Shoegal Out In The World

    www.shoegaloutintheworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!! I've been wanting to find a good maxi dress so badly, so I guess I'll have to try Old Navy!

    By the way... I fell in LOVE with your sandals a while back when you first wore them for an outfit post, but I was too late to get my own pair from Zara. Well a few months ago Forever 21 came out with a pair that is very similar. I bought a pair, and they are actually a really great pair of shoes! I love them!! Just thought I'd mention that since I'm sure there are other readers who love those sandals just as much as I do and want to get their hands on a pair themselves. :)

    http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=shoes_sandalsflipflops-flat&ProductID=2000110723&VariantID=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki, thank you for the tip!! Great to know... thinking I should nab the nude pair. They're honestly my absolute favourite shoes!! xoxo

      Delete
  8. Loving this V - that dress hangs so beautifully. Loving it paired with the scarf. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. My pregnant coworker has been wearing her maxi dress collection non-stop lately; they are great as maternity dresses, it turns out! I haven't embraced maxi dresses (my petite stature and the fuss of alterations are big deterrents), but perhaps that'll change this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would you believe I donned my first every maxi skirt yesterday??? I'm built super short waisted...or...something...I dunno. I tend to look fumptastic in skirts. I was pleasantly surprised that the one I tried yesterday wasn't so bad...that, or I'm in delusion. haha! Paired mine (it was olive green) with a white embroidered peasant blouse and a denim vest.

    I'm working through Blog Life too and really enjoying it. I was wavering between two different blogging courses and am really glad I chose Blog Life! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're definitely right, when inspired, don't ever stop! Go for it and inspiration will keep flowing... I'm still waiting for my bloody paycheck to get the ABM Blog Life Course and it's so frustrating! I'm glad you feel inspired by it, i can't wait to discover it myself! You look stunning in this outfit, i'm also a huge fan of maxi dresses they're so cool and comfy. And this cardigan color, it really makes you glow, these colors are perfect for you lovely!
    Much love from Paris dear!
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your maxi dress and heels! you look beautiful <3

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look absolutely darling veronika! and thanks for the tip on ABM's blog life...definitely going to check it out. i'm still crying that i wasn't able to sign up for their photography course!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you styled the maxi with the bold cardi and scarf! Timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so sweet! Such a beautiful and simple look!

    http://sometimesgracefully.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know what you mean about the maxi dress/maxi skirt thing, dear Veronika...I think I could live in them full-time, too!! And these studded sandals are sooo gorgeous; the perfect touch of edginess for the very soft, feminine feel of this look!! XO

    www.StyleIsMyPudding.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, that e-course sounds amazing! I'd love to partake in something like that someday...when I have time...when school isn't sucking up every ounce of energy I have...lol
    Anyway, maxi lengths are definitely a great option for summer! I need to break out my maxi skirts.

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maxi dresses are amazing! I definitely to invest in a couple for the summer - so convenient and stylish!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm totally with you on the maxi-love, Veronika! It's like wearing pajamas all day but looking put together with very little effort. Win-win in my books :)
    I would love to hear more about your experience with Blog Life as you work your way through it. I've considered starting when Mark and I make the move to Oxford to give me something to focus & stay inspired with :)
    Have a beautiful day!
    -Carley
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. i'm so excited to start the course! good to know someone that's taking it is liking it :)
    xo jac
    thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving this simple Maxi outfit! Ohh, and I definitely want to try that Beautiful Life "blog life", how perfect!!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you, lovey!! And yes, the course is so good... let me know if you end up takit it! PS - Love your beautiful blog by the way!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Carley, thank you!! Can't wait to nab a few more maxi's for the summer... and just a heads up, if you're thinking of doing the "Blog Life" course. I think their courses run for a limited time now. I notice they're only up for a few months... can't wait for your Oxford adventures!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. so much beauty!!! i have yet to find a maxi that works for me but this one's so pretty on you lovie :) dying to hear more about ABM course too, love Elsie + Emma and crew to bits! xo

    ReplyDelete

By The Shore | Vancouver Style Blog All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger