My Goals For December

Dec 5, 2014

I'm back with my goals for December... I can't believe this was my most viewed post last month - so thrilled you guys love it so much! For this month, I'm full of ideas, goals and just flat out excited about life. Martin & I have spent time reviewing our goals as a couple and making lots of plans for 2015. Do you take time with your special one to talk about goals? What are you hoping to work on in December... I'd love to hear all about it!


{image source: deer circus, via instagram}

My goals for December and beyond:

∆  Start taking my own outfit photos again.
 Normally Martin & I take all of my blog photos on Saturday & Sunday. We've been doing it for the past 4 years, what?? And honestly are in need of change. I'm especially excited for Martin... he's a full time teacher, actor and doing his masters in fine arts. My man definitley doesn't need one more thing on his plate. So yes, it'll just be me & my remote from now on. I'm actually really excited for this, and will probably end up doing way more outfit photos as a result. Win, win!

∆  Streamline my blog content.
Okay, I'm seeing a trend here - lots of blog goals! Firstly, let me say I love blogging. But as my fellow bloggers know it's also time consuming. I'm not ready to blog less, at all. The solution? Become more efficient with my time. I'll be planning my posts at the beginning of each month. Then take a day or two to shoot everything: outfits, recipes, DIY's, ect. Organization = sanity. The end! ;)

Take time to give back this Xmas season.
Although, I'll probably end up grabbing a small gift for Martin this Christmas, my biggest goal & hope is to give back. I love the idea of volunteering in my community and giving to several of my favourite charities. This year, instead of hitting the mall we also opted to go to our local crafters fair and support local businesses & artisans. We absolutely loved it!

Take control of my health.
Two years ago, I was diagnosed with auto-immune issues and it's been such an unbearable roller coaster. However, I'm more determined than ever to get my health back. The goal is to pay more attention to what I eat, commit to restorative yoga and learn to manage my stress. I'm notorious for overloading my schedule, and it honestly it gets me nowhere - I just end up super sick and run down. So yes, lesson learned!

Tackle new vegan recipes.
I'm excited to get back in the kitchen and start cooking up delicious food + make it a regular feature on the blog. I'm dreaming up black bean burgers, gluten free chocolate cake and lots of stews. Mmmm, can't wait + I'm really wanting to learn more about food styling and practice my still life photography. So yeah, excited!

Save for a house.
This one has me doing a little happy dance. We're looking to move into a lovely & charming brick Georgian row home in the next year-ish. I can't wait to have a yard, garage, a proper office, an in home studio + lots of room to stretch my legs. We love our condo, but we're ready to size up and the timing is feeling right. Whoot! 

16 sweet notes:

  1. These are really great goals and some of them are mine too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really exciting that you're looking to move to a house!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not surprised it was your most popular post, I love reading goal setting and motivational posts, I find them so inspirational :)
    I need to start blog content planning more too :)
    Goodluck with the House Saving
    x tink x
    allabouttink.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I agree on taking care of your health, I'm also so prone to overloading my schedule and work life and just like you've said, that doesn't lead anywhere good.
    Also, YAY for bringing some new vegan recipes to the blog, I'm vegan and here and there I eat some fish because I'm huge sushi fan, but I'm always searching for new vegan recipes, so I'm looking forward to these posts on your blog :)

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your goals too darling! Saving up for a house is a wonderful on in particular! Also taking your own outfit photos is awesome, i plan on doing the same (have to since my man/photographer is not going to be back for a few more months!) but i'm actually really scared to go outside and "leave" my camera just a few inches away, that seems very dangerous to me! And in the city they're aren't many quiet places to do it safely and quietly, but i'll definitely work on that because i really miss doing outfit posts! Can't wait to see your coming recipes, you have great taste in food just as in fashion!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What exciting goals for the coming month and year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all such lovely goals... what amazing inspiration!! That last one... ah, that's exciting! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taking my own outfit shots is definitely a goal of mine too! I absolutely LOVE Eric's photography and spending time with him, but sometimes it's too hard to get together + take them, especially with it being dark out all of the time! Good luck on your goals!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pretty sure I said this last month, too, but I'm so impressed at how your goals are always changing. Mine pretty much stay the same from month to month; keep on top of my work, manage my blog effectively, do some writing and work on getting back to Paris. The end! Although one day I would love to be able to take my own blog photos. But Ian is so good at it, it hardly seems worth learning! Happy Friday, V!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  10. those sound like some great, great goals. good luck, and happy december! :)
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your goal for sharing recipes, because I'd love to see some good gluten free one! So hard to find good ones because I'm never sure if they'll work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truthfully, I'm not a big goal-setter, dearest Veronika - at least not in a write-em-down kind of way - and that's something I've been meaning to change!! (Huh! A goal...and I just wrote it down! You are obviously having a positive influence on me!) Seriously though, your own plans are very inspiring...a house?! Wow, that's definitely an upgrade, isn't it?! XOXO

    www.StyleIsMyPudding.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful goal list Veronika! I'm excited to see your outfit posts :) I need to get a remote so I can do the same once I move - no more friend/photographers to help me out...sigh.
    Anyway, good luck with everything, and I'm always eager to see your new posts. Can't wait to see the new updates. Those recipes have me intrigued!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great goals! I love that you share them; what a great way to keep yourself motivated. (Need to try this for sure!)
    I have many of these same goals, from streamlining my blogging process to saving for a bigger house.

    ReplyDelete

By The Shore | Vancouver Style Blog All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger