when the sun goes down

Oct 7, 2013

Outfit Details
Scarf - borrowed from Coco & Vera
Denim jacket - H&M (similar)
Dress - Old Navy
Tights - Joe Fresh
Booties - Old Navy

I thought I'd start including outfit details as well as a few outfit photos in my "daily life" posts. Only makes sense, right? I mean, I'm already dressed... sooo why not share it with you guys + I really liked how this laid-back outfit came together. Stripes and a pop of leopard? Always a win in my books!

On Friday, Martin & I packed up a quick + delicious dinner and headed down to the pier just before the sun went down... there was pumpkin pie ice-cream involved too, it was fantastic! I'll admit though, our evenings are definitley getting a lot colder. Normally I'm not a fan, but this year it's speaking to me. The streets are quieter, our nights are peaceful, and [when home] my uniform consists of a well loved sweater, pajama pants and my moccasin slippers. In a word, awesome!

PS - Thank you for your vlog questions, guys. We're excited, and hope to have something up in the next couple of weeks. So, stay tuned! 

28 sweet notes:

  1. This is so my kind of outfit! Stripes & leopard is one of my very favorite combos and the denim jacket pulls it together perfectly! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful images. love the fall scene

    kw, ladies in navy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit. I have my eyes on an outfit with black and white stripes and you have given me an idea of how I can put it all together. Love the picture with the tree and leaves. Autumn is a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your dress looks adorable and so comfy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this outfit! The stripes are so cute, and I love the color of that scarf! Glad to hear you're enjoying the cool weather more this year!

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely outfit and I think I have most of the pieces to recreate this one! Your photos make me really really want to move to the ocean. I need a life change here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a GORGEOUS outfit!
    www.theadoredlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenn Agostinho-AlceeOctober 7, 2013 at 7:55 AM

    This is def on of my fav looks! Love that you are sharing outfit posts and details again Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very cute outfit indeed Veronika! I really love the stripes and now I really want some pumpkin pie ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, pumpkin spice ice creams ounds SO good. I just had my first PSL this weekend and I might be addicted for the rest of the fall. Love these photos Veronika, you always handle a camera so well! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Veronikaaa, I knew you couldn't stay away from "outfit posts". ;) And boy am I glad, because I love them! This is definitely my favorite of your recent looks. The scenery is wonderful too!!



    And now I need go out and grab some pumpkin pie ice cream, I haven't had any in so long! :)


    Can't wait to see the vlog! I

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing my beloved leopard scarf out for a stroll in your neck of the woods - you styled it just perfectly! Although I admit that the cold weather is never my thing, there are so many things about autumn that I love... vegetables like butternut squash and beets, pretty leaves, sweaters, scarves... the list goes on. And I think it just may have to include pumpkin pie ice cream, because that sounds amazing! Hope you have many more lovely nights like this before it gets too rainy for those lovely long walks :)
    xox,
    Cee
    PS: How cute is Scout's haircut?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, lovely post! I love your outfit, how relaxed it is, and the beautiful waterfront! I wish my husband and I lived close enough to the water to take daily walks, but I'm getting too pregnant to walk for long and we'd have to drive to get anywhere pretty. Oh well!
    Oh, I want pumpkin pie ice cream. That sounds delicious!
    xo
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos. I love the photo of the leaves.


    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kate, thank you!! Funnily enough when I bought the dress... I thought, oh man, this is such a Kate dress. Totally reminded me of you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw yay, so fun... love when I have all the pieces to re-create an outfit!! And thank you for your sweet compliments! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, no I couldn't stay away. Darn it, I just love clothes WAY too much!! And oh man, pumpkin pie ice-cream.... we've had it twice since! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw, thanks so much Nikki!! And crazy, I've never had a pumpkin spice latte, um, thinking I need to change that ASAP!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. These pictures are gorgeous - it is really becoming fall there, huh? You look so great - that dress is great!

    xoxo,

    Laura

    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. i like your outfit post with scenery of the day.definitely a new idea for me too to make my blog more fun! i love cold weather,i love scarf, i love denim jacket..but all these are not suitable in my place..except air-condition room. xo josephine
    www.joselovincolors.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this look, especially the dress! It looks so peaceful where you live. And a dinner picnic sounds perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this look and your evening sounds magical!! Happy Fall :)
    xo Amy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! And oh I do just love the fall. It's definitely my favorite season. Soak up those cool nights girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Emilie. Yay and thank you!! Thrilled to see you're a fellow Canadian too!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. can't contain the happiness that fills my heart seeing these tremendously awesome pics!!! Veronika, there's a way you have of communicating emotive balance with every single shot, and it's composition. i feel like i moved through this evening stroll with you guys and felt the crisp night air grazing my cheeks. i mean i can practically smell the ocean air for gosh sakes!!!


    your outfit featuring Cee's scarf is darling as anything! um, perhaps this little dress needs to be added into my own fall assortment. it's the perfect transition piece and it sits at the perfect length too. i'm stoked you liked the f21 tote, hope you nabbed it cos now i'm gonna have to hit up that dress link and add to the ever growing wishlist. yah to outdoor dinners with our beloved's and our fur fams. Scout is looking very regal - those ears!... those eyes!...oh i can't take the cuteness, but wait up...yes i most definitely can. more please! best ever kinda date i'd say. xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. These pictures are so peaceful and looks like the perfect evening with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lynn. Thank you for these incredibly sweet words - cause I was actually a little apprehensive about posting these photos. Wondering... if they were good enough?? So, your treasured & respected opinion brings a huge smile to my face!!! :D


    Oh and the dress? So cute right. Just a heads up, I actually had it shortened about an inch/two inches to achieve that "perfect length." ;) It's so comfy and super warm. Hope you get it!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. These posts make me homesick for BC! Hope all is well! Jo

    ReplyDelete

By The Shore | Vancouver Style Blog All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger