Lately

Feb 21, 2014

Happy Friday, everyone! I'm gearing down from a long week of sleepless nights. Family stress and Martin's relentless coughing (he's sick) have left me feeling so tired. The kind of tired where your eyes burn all day. But hey, it's Friday, and I'm off to enjoy Sabbath dinner with friends tonight. Thankfully, I still have some semblance of energy to appreciate the good things. So not all is lost, friends. There's light breaking through the clouds and I'm soaking it in.

This week, I dusted off my DSLR and spent some time taking photos. I even started a fun side project through Society 6. I'm now selling a small collection of prints, framed & unframed, and canvases of my artwork. It was so fun to put together, and each photo is incredibly special to me. I'm excited to fill our walls. Timely, as we're doing a bit of re-decorating. Um, again! I'm far too visual for my own good, and currently dreaming of a space like this!

When the creative tides pull me, I know no self control. I'll happily go where they take me, and will without resistance, settle on new shores. xo

16 sweet notes:

  1. what a beautiful post. those images of you are stunning and i love your last sentence about the creative tide...such a wonderful outlook. congrats on the society6 prints and i hope you have some time to rest this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get all caught up on rest soon - I've not been sleeping well lately and it's just an awful feeling to be so tired every day.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shots! I hope you find some time to rest, girl! Thankfully it's the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a bad cough too....and probably like your husbands..it's always worse at night!! Get well soon to him and have a lovely weekend. x

    http://vodkandarose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh, i think there's something in the air. this winter has just been so hard..... my eyeballs are about to fall out just looking at the computer screen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your images are beautiful! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happiest of Fridays, V! I'm so sorry to hear about the stress you've been dealing with lately, but sometimes I think it's that kind of stress that drives our creativity in the best way - and based on these images, I think that just may be the case for you. How gorgeous are they?! So exciting about your little collection on Society 6, can't wait to check it out, And can't wait to see you next weekend, yay!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't blame you - I'm a habitual re-decorator too! Hope you enjoy your night tonight, and maybe you'll even get a bit of sleep :) Sending sweet thoughts your way my dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Veronika...you haven't had the easiest time of it lately, have you?? Staying positive means the world, though...and I feel that you have optimism in spades!! I'm stressing a bit too, right now, about leaving my little family (hubby and ferrets!) and my "baby" (my blog) while I'm off-line in Toronto...I will miss you!! XO

    www.StyleIsMyPudding.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. and on the same "lately" note...i've been extra inspired by your shares V. this personal portrait shoot is incredibly artistic and so beautiful! poignant that they are bare and self exposed, as are the insights you've shared. dinner this eve should be a good soother to what appears to have taken it's toll on you this week. i'm sorry there's "stuff" you've got to deal with, can't wait to give you a big hug next weekend!! sending prayers up lovie, for you, M & the furs. xo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds so exciting that some of your work is no Society 6! I've been eyeing some prints over there for a long time. :) Feel better and get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just followed you on Pinterest because you have amazing taste!! Thanks so much for commenting on my blog, that was so sweet of you and it literally made my day <3

    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. These photos are amazing!!! Here's to hoping you get some rest soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you had a nice dinner with your friend and that you'll be able to rest the entire weekend! I'm so glad to hear you have a Society 6 shop, i'll make sure to stop by!
    Many kisses dear girl!
    Melodie
    http://sevenlivesandmore.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the new project V! These photos are amazing♥

    ReplyDelete

By The Shore | Vancouver Style Blog All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger