Weekly Wrap Up

Nov 21, 2014

Wrapping up this week is a bit of a mixed bag. The upside is that I'm seeing my beloved pals Lynn and Cee for wine & girly chats tonight. Plus, Martin & I have lots of fun Xmas things planned for the weekend. As for the downside? I'm possibly going in for dental surgery on Tuesday (one of three) and I'm getting unbearably anxious about it. When it comes to the dentist? I'm honestly the biggest stress case! Luckily, I'll be sedated but I'll definitley be sore and swollen for several days after, and obviously, not looking forward to that one bit. If you have any positive words. Please share! I'm honestly needing to hear them - big time!!

Photos from our week: 1) Made a new print for my office and love it so much! 2) We had so much fun photographing winter themed photos for the blog! 3) Hot chocolate, and browsing the holiday isle!! 4) Lighthouse exploring. Always so much fun! 

Favourites from around the web:

I've clicked over to this post countless times... so excited for Tieka + cutest photos!!
I wrote a post for the "Common Creative" blog and loved sharing about my life as an entrepreneur!
This aztec open cardigan is gorgeous. Perfect with leggings & cami's for cozy nights in!
Cee is hosting the Keltie Leanne Jewelry event on Saturday, November 29th in Yaletown. So very proud of her!
I need a plaid scarf in my life - this one is so great and a fab bargain!
   
Inspired by: The holidays and finding a slower groove. I've been working a little too much lately and I'm excited to find rest, plus fine tune my business plan for 2015. 

On the horizon: Aside from my icky dentist visit. I'm excited to start baking, decorating and doing lots of holiday shopping + vacation planning. We're doing a few local trips this year: Whistler, Sunshine Coast and Bowen Island. The countdown is on!!

19 sweet notes:

  1. BIG HUGS on the dentist thing!


    I've always found that I build things up to be a lot worse in my head. I'm an obsessive worrier!! Definitely keep yourself busy and occupied with other things/thoughts. Music is always a great escape for me. Blast some tunes if you find your thoughts drifting to things you are worried about. (Easier said than done, I know!)


    Wishing you a easy and speedy recovery! **Thinking of you**


    Love and light,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday, V! Yikes, can't believe how quickly your dental surgery is coming up - I know everything is going to go perfectly smoothly, but I can't blame you at all for stressing about it. I'm sure an evening of chatting over wine and treats tonight will help ease your mind a bit, even if only temporarily. Can't wait!
    xox,
    Cee
    PS: Thanks so much for the shoutout for our event, really means a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the print you've made, the quote is so lovely accompanied with the image!

    Tessa / Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I love that print so much! Best wishes for your surgery!! I've had a couple of dental surgeries myself--soooo not fun.


    xo Kimi
    twentysomethingsimple.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh, these photos are just winter perfect! and i loved your interview over at the common creative - i always love reading about other peoples' blogging experiences. :)
    and i hope your dental surgery + aftermath flies by! it's never fun, but dental surgery is one of those things where you're verrry verry happy once you've got it done! all the best!
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that your ahead and tackling next years goals! :) Oh I hope the Dentist goes well for you, being stressed is no fun

    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photographs and the print! Good luck at the dentist, I totally feel you, I hate going to the dentist as well!


    evelinkivi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sending good vibes your way, I'm sure everything will go smoothly and you'll recover quickly!! Love that print you made, and your upcoming vacations sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, hope your dentist visit goes well! I'm sure you'll be perfectly fine - don't turn into a nervous wreck over it. Thoughts and prayers your way <3

    And oooh, that quote print with the watercolors is just lovely. I want to hang it over my dresser :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you getting your wisdom teeth out? That was the only time I was sedated for a procedure. Believe me, you won't be aware of anything! I'll be sending positive vibes your way :) Where is that light house, btw? I was in Vancouver last year, but didn't manage to get out to any :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope the dental appointment goes ok! I hate them too.
    Thanks for sharing on our blog! We love hearing from common creatives:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yuck, V...dental surgery is sooo not fun!! I had a relatively major procedure a number of years ago (four wisdom tooth extractions, bone grafts AND gum grafts, all in one go!) and all I can say is thank goodness for Ativan!! But once it's done, it's done...having it all ahead of you is definitely the worst part. Let me know if you need any virtual hand-holding, okay?? XOXO


    www.StyleIsMyPudding.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. By The Shore, Life & StyleNovember 24, 2014 at 9:26 PM

    Hey girl, nope my wisdom teeth are all out. I did however, have a perfectly healthy tooth split in half, so... it's getting pulled and then they're doing an implant. Sigh! As for the lighthouse? It's this one: http://www.lighthousepark.ca/ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just stumbled upon on your blog and so happy I did, it's adorable. Love exploring lighthouses too! x

    ReplyDelete

By The Shore | Vancouver Style Blog All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger